google map


View Caribbean to Azores in a larger map

Sunday, June 20, 2010

19th June 2010. 12.00. Day 13

30deg 40n, 61deg 23w. Guess what, no wind. Motoring slowly north but passed
30 degrees north. At least some indication of progress. Charts indicated a
cold front up ahead, and there is some high level cloud about, bit hazy in
front but that´s about it. Some rain might be quite nice. Have a shower and
top up with nice fresh rainwater to drink. Ah, dream on, why not. Dug out an
old trailing log this morning to check the calibration of the inboard one.
Main one was over reading a little, reset now. Good thing is I know for sure
that the little bit of current that does exist and has gone round to being
setting north again, in my favour. Thanks, current, I need all the help I
can get. Days run 74Nm. Not much but some. What I would give right now to
check into a holiday inn, order some room service and a bottle of wine and
come back when there´s some wind. Pressure up again, now 1024mb. High
pressure looks like it stretches from Azores all the way across the atlantic
to Florida. With me in the middle. Oh, well, never mind. Dorado for lunch
now, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment